Made to last, our MGA Coupe interior trim and upholstery restoration kits are manufactured to the highest levels of quality and workmanship from our manufacturing unit based in the Cotswolds, UK. We do not supply any mechanical, engine or bodywork parts - instead choosing to purely focus on the manufacture and supply interior related products including the trim panels, seat covers, carpet flooring kits, and headliner hardtops. This dedication to our craft has led us to become one of the most highly regarded classic car restoration manufacturing firms in the world.
With unrivalled knowledge of original specifications, coupled with the widest range of colours and materials for those seeking a more bespoke finish - John Skinner Ltd are the favoured choice for both amateur enthusiasts, as well as professional trimmers and restoration companies all over the globe; and have been for over four decades.
Don't just take our word for it - we have plenty of customers willing to show and prove the quality of our products and kits...
Our customer’s cars
CLICK TO EXPAND
We love to see and share our customer's restoration projects. Here are just some of our kits gracing the interiors of customer's cars from all over the world.
(Note: Some images may showcase a different model of car, with shared interior trim parts to the model page being viewed)
Please note that there were production inconsistencies during this period, so colours should be chosen on individual basis.
|PAINT COLOUR||INTERIOR TRIM COLOUR OPTIONS||PIPING OPTIONS|
|Black||Red, Green, Beige, Red||Red, Green, Beige, Red|
|Orient Red||Red, Black||Red|
|Chariot Red||Red, Beige, Black||Red, Beige, Red|
|Island Green / Ash Green||Grey, Black||Grey, Green|
|Mineral Blue||Grey, Black||Grey, Blue|
|Iris Blue||Black||Light Blue|
|Old English White||Red, Black||Red, White|
Information from: Clausager, A. (1993) Original MGA – The Restorer’s Guide to all Roadster and Coupé models including Twin Cam – Bay View Books Ltd.
MGA Coupe Original Colours supplied by John Skinner Ltd
It is widely accepted that the interpretation of original shades varies depending on who you ask – and may well have varied from the original factory production line. As a result, John Skinner Ltd offers multiple shade options for each original colour.
Colour names refer to internal John Skinner Ltd colour names, not necessarily the names MG originally used for these colours.
We can also offer non-original custom colour schemes if you so desire. Please see our online shop for more details.
As part of the quotation/ordering process, we will arrange for samples to be sent for final confirmation – so browse and shop with complete peace of mind, knowing that we will guide you through step-by-step with all the information you require.
A note on Piping/Beading
MGA models featured Piping either matching the main trim colour, or in a selection of contrasting colours. See the above Original Colours chart for more information.
We can also offer the largest range of non-standard “bespoke” colours schemes for those looking for a more customised finish.
From our Handbook
Trim Panel Kit
- This kit includes all the main panels and re-trim kits for the Coupé MGA. Includes items 01 to 07 listed below.
Door Panels: Main
- Pre-cut and trimmed Hardboard Panels, including Upper Section with stitch detail.
- Includes pre-cut loose material to line the inside of the Door Panel.
Quarter "B" Post Panels
- Pre-cut and trimmed Millboard Panels for your Rear Wheel Arch Quarter Panel area.
A Post Footwell Panels
- Pre-cut and trimmed Millboard Panels for the A Post Footwell area.
- Includes pre-cut and trimmed Pockets.
- Pre-cut, creased and trimmed Millboard Panels for the lower cover panel section of the A Post Footwell area.
Dash Board & Trim Roll Kit
- Pre-cut loose materials for re-trimming the Dash Board and Trim Crash Rolls.
Trim Roll Piping Kit
- Pre-cut and sewn piping for the trim crash roll areas, to fill in between panels and bodywork.
Front Seat Cover Kit
- Fully Sewn material covers for Re-Trimming the Front Seat Cushions and Backrests.
Centre Cushion Armrest Kit
- Fully sewn materials for the Centre Cushion Armrest.
- Includes pre-cut Foam for the padding of the Armrest.
Seat Wadding Kit
- Used to “pad out” small areas of the Seat Covers that the Foams cannot fill, for best results.
- Pre-cut, and edged with Binding, Carpet pieces for the main cockpit of your car.
- Binding / Edging to original specification.
- Gearbox parts have sewn materials on edged for attaching to the bodywork.
- Includes “Ribbed” Heelpads on the Drivers and Passenger Side Front Floor carpets.
Boot / Trunk Carpet Kit
- Pre-cut and sewn materials to cover the Boot / Trunk floor and sides.
- Includes sewing to accommodate the Petrol Fuel Pump.
Spare Wheel Cover
- Pre-cut, edged and sewn materials creating a Spare Wheel Cover.
- Options for Hardura and / or Carpet.
MGA Coupe - Useful Information
Following the successful introduction in 1955 of the MGA Roadster by Morris Garage (MG); MG released a Coupe version MGA; with production commencing in September 1956. This Coupe model featured the same engine and styling variations as its Open Two Seater counterpart with the 1500, 1600 and Twin Cam models being released during the years 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961 and 1962. During this period, a total of 9,922 cars were made and delivered.